I’ve been practicing my cut crease and getting more comfortable with the process but my first attempts were pretty horrific. I think my mistake was that I tried following too many tutorials in conjunction. I made a mess that I couldn’t remove with the wipes I had on hand so I ended up using dish soap. I’m not kidding. πŸ˜‚

I ended up scratching the cut crease idea and went with a traditional smoky eye. If I had continued along that path I might’ve aged myself five years.

As you may know, Wet N Wild revamped their Color Icon line and repackaged their palettes with new intriguing shades, many of which are matte. I reviewed the new RosΓ© in the Air palette, as you may remember, and fell in love with it, so I have high expectations for the rest of the relaunch.

Source: Original Wet N Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone.

Though the OG Color Icon shades and palettes (above) were second to no drugstore palettes or brand in my opinion, they were lacking matte shades overall. Let’s see what’s improved shall we? 😏

Source: sunkissedviolet.com

Above is a comparison of the differences in packaging in the larger palettes and it also shows the additional shades. Below are examples some of the old Wet N Wild Color Icon trios. I remember using the last one for about a million smoky eye looks.  I’m assuming they’re quads now in order to add a matte shade to the party.

Source: Abeautifulzen.blogspot.com

Source: Spillthebeauty.com

I used the new Lights Out Palette, below, for this review and tutorial. I’m not really sure why, but these colors showed up as bluish green in person on me and even more so on camera. I think it may have something to do with the concealer I used having yellowy golden undertone…? I’ll try it again with a fairer more neutral concealer.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad in Lights Out. 2.99 at Ulta, Target, etc.

All of the shades are all very richly pigmented and a dream to blend out, but that’s no surprise coming from Wet n Wild. There was a bit of fallout but it wasn’t a big deal as I simply used a wipe to clean it up.  Though these shades appeared bluish green and weren’t totally true to the color in the pan on me, it’s not entirely a loss as this palette is very useful.

The black is slightly shimmery because though it has a matte base, it has silver glitter flecks throughout it. It’s very pretty and perfect to smoke out and intensify the outer corner with any smoky look. You could also use it as liner. I’m getting curious about all the alluring new matte shades in the other revamped quads such as those below.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad in Hooked on Vinyl. $2.99.

I began as I mentioned, with a failed cut crease,  and had to wipe off a thick layer of Bye Bye Under Eye and eyeshadow off before I began. I decided to use Wet n Wild’s Photo Focus Concealer to prime my eyelids instead, because I found Bye Bye Under Eye incredibly difficult to take off. That might’ve been because I used too much though. I will try it again with less product.

I then used the two transition shades in the Wet N Wild Color Icon RosΓ© in the Air Palette in the crease. After, I began deepening up the crease with the grey matte transition shade. I dragged it into the whole crease but focused it into the outer corner.

Source: makeup-your-mind.net. Wet n Wild’s RosΓ© in the Air palette.

After, I simply pat the light shimmery silver shade on my entire lid and the darker shimmery charcoal shade on the second half of my lid. I then deepened up/smoked out the outer corner with the black shade.

I was impressed with each of these shades. It was very user friendly and I can see beginners, experts, and anyone in between getting tons of use out of these little quads. I’ll say it before but it bears repeating that for the price you can’t lose. For $2.99 you get a pretty awesome bang for your buck. That’s less than a latte. Mind blown.

πŸ’•πŸ’•β˜•β˜•πŸ’„πŸ’„

Thanks for reading! What do you think of the revamp?

Love & light to you all!

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Icy Silver Smoky Eye with Wet N Wild’s New Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad in Lights Out

1. Veronica M. says:

Oh the final result is looking lovely! I definitely struggle with any and all creations of smoky eyes on myself-I wish after all the trial and error I’ve been through I could do eye shadow as flawless as this haha❀

• maggieinthemoon says:

Aww how sweet of you Veronica!! Thank you so much. πŸ’•πŸ’• That is very appreciated but believe me, I’m no expert. I’m only decent at smoky eyes because the words of all of the of you tube beauty gurus I’ve watched plays in my head constantly when doing a smoky eye lol. It may help to follow a video, but if you’ve tried that, maybe a new better fluffy brush would help? I think that’s one of the keys. I wish I could do cut crease better lol, one day πŸ˜‰πŸ’žπŸ’„

Liked by 1 person

• Veronica M. says:

You’re so welcome!! And it’s definitely a good idea to follow a specific tutorial while doing it for me-i should try that. (: And I don’t think I blend enough with eye looks, so I think I wkll get an eye blending/fluffy brush. Tysm for the tips (: XOXO

Liked by 1 person

• maggieinthemoon says:

You’ll get there!! It seems like the tools and the amount of blending are key. Also, maybe tailor tutorials to your eye shape, as sometimes I found it’s hard to follow something literally if your eye shape is different from the YouTubers’. Have fun and have a lovely weekend! πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ž

Liked by 1 person

2. Always Cleia says:

I feel like everyone struggles with their first cut crease, I’m still learning how to do one. I prefer a half cut crease most of the time!
    This look is so gorgeous, I’ve never bought anything from wet n wild but I think I have to after seeing this look!

• maggieinthemoon says:

I think you’re right. It’s difficult to get the separation between the light eyelid and the darker crease and have it be seamless. They are cute. I think I’ve done a half cut crease, because I basically do one for all of my makeup looks but I’m kinda shaky on what a half cut crease consists of lol. Thanks so much sweetheart!! πŸ™β€ Try something from the brand; believe me, you won’t be disappointed! Their lipsticks, highlights, foundation, and eyeshadows are all bomb. πŸ’žπŸ’žβ‡β‡πŸ’„πŸ’„

• Always Cleia says:

It’s so hard! I have the most trouble getting the gradient effect above the concealer when I do my crease. I’ll keep practicing!
        I’m going to pick up that RosΓ© Palette that’s a modern renaissance dupe πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

3. maggieinthemoon says:

Me too- you really need the perfect tools and concealer. I may try a Morphe brush out and see if that helps. Try it! It’s amazing. It’s not an exact replica but it’s similar and the quality is crazy for the price. Hope you like it! 😊