I’m so ready for a trip somewhere with trees that actually shed during the fall and that has a real winter with snow.
I guess it’s a result of living in Southern California my whole life. I’m thinking Big Bear, and since my bf and I are planning a trip there, I thought it’d be the perfect time to put together a f/w trip essentials post. So here are my must haves for traveling somewhere chilly in the autumn and/or winter;
As you can see, I am very excited for my trip and for an excuse to shop. 😁🍂🌲👢
- 1. Turtleneck / chunky sweaters. You can’t go wrong with a comfy chunky-knit turtleneck. Plus I adore this dusty rose color. It’ll keep you warm when you’re out and about roaming around town and through all of your adventures. This one is from Forever 21.
- 2. Corduroys. The ones above are also from Forever 21. I love this pine green color. They’re stretchy and comfy yet super flattering and cute.
I love all of Levi’s corduroys. Comfy, cute, and flattering. 👌
- 3. An anti-theft backpack. The last things you want to be thinking about are losing your things or having them stolen. Not only is it heartbreaking, but it would seriously ruin your whole trip. The Travelon anti-theft backpack is top-rated and is versatile/small enough to not be a hindrance when walking around.
- 4. (faux) Leather jacket. I am obsessed with the one above by Free People. It’s a little pricey but durable and well made. This jacket goes with literally everything and makes any outfit instantly cuter.
- 5. Scarf. I am a huge scarf fanatic. You should see my closet.
This one above is from Urban Outfitters. They have some of my fave & most versatile scarves in my opinion.
This adorable chunky one is from Forever 21. Throw a scarf over almost anything and add an air of chicness plus an extra layer of warmth.
- 6. Comfy shoes. These are an absolute necessity for walking around and taking in all the sights while not hurting your feet.
I am in love with Rhianna’s Fenty line. They’re the perfect walking around shoe for traveling since they’re comfy yet fashionable. I want them in every color.
- 7. Booties. These are from…you guessed it, Forever 21. They’re the perfect shade of tan and height and I love how they go with everything.
- 8. Little black dress. The one above is also from Forever 21 (sorry they have too many cute things!!) and has a mock turtleneck and long sleeves so it’s perfect for fall/winter. I think this would be a perfect date night look.
9. Mini versions of your fave beauty products. (Shampoo, toothpaste, foundation, perfume, etc) They’re just easier to travel with. My top 3 are Johnson & Johnson’s shampoo, Physician’s Formula BB Cream, & NYX Lip Lingerie in Teddy, which isn’t mini but would fit in your purse.
This is the best BB Cream I’ve tried so far. The coverage is great, yet it’s light and moisturizing.
10. An open mind and heart. Honestly, the best things to have when traveling aren’t things. They’re the people you love and who you’re traveling with and the willingness to have a good time and overlook the jet lag and small details that didn’t go your way. There are no perfect trips, and of course you want everything to go as planned after spending your hard-earned money but, oftentimes, spontaneity can be a good thing. 😉
That concludes my post. I hope you enjoyed it! Maybe it helped you a bit with your upcoming trip! Happy travels! 😊💕