Elizabeth, EAP, blogger for Srathardforlife displaying a lovely mumu from Show Me Your Mumu
Hello! I hope all of my wonderful readers had a relaxing and refreshing weekend and a productive start to your week! I recently stumbled across another great blog that I thought you should know about: Srathardforlife. The inviting fashion blog features looks that are a comfortable meeting of preppy, chic, and boho. Cameron (CAG) and the 4 other girls who are contributing bloggers, Elizabeth (EAP), Carly, Stacy (SAB), and Katie (KEB), can be spotted wearing looks that are everything from luxe, to sophisticated, to easy breezy, and above all, always wearable and fabulous. It’s fun to keep up with their posts as they all seem relatable and like the sorority sister you (and I) never had.
An absolutely perfect spring/summer look.
Georgia native, founder, and blogger Cameron was inspired by her love of fashion and sorority life and decided to fuse her two passions in creating her blog.
Cameron in a chic Fall look
It originally started as a Twitter account, and spread onto other platforms such as Pinterest and Instagram. I’m glad they took the leap into the blogging world and asked them some questions so we could get to know them a bit better. Here’s what they told me:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
We were inspired to start a blog because a lot of people asked us where we bought our clothes, handbags, shoes, and accessories. We thought that starting a blog would be a great way to share our style tips and outfit details along with brands, designers, and boutiques that we love and think other people would too!
2. What are the top five items of clothing in your wardrobe you can’t live without?
That’s a difficult question, since picking 5 items is like picking a favorite child lol. Since I’m speaking on behalf of all 5 of us, it will be easier to choose our top 5 favorite brands/designers/stores:
1) Favorite Brand: Show Me Your Mumu
2) Favorite Designer: Tory Burch & Michael Kors (tie)
3) Favorite Jewelry Designer: Kendra Scott
4) Favorite Guilty Pleasure: Forever 21
5) Favorite Department Store: Nordstrom
3. Who are the top three bloggers who have influenced and inspired you?
1) Julia Engel (Gal Meets Glam)
2) Blair Eadie (Atlantic-Pacific)
3) Rachel Parcell (Pink Peonies)
Carly Mathis, Strathard for Life blogger, in a fresh summery look, from a recent post.
4. You are a self-professed Srat. ( adj. a classy female living a preppy and fashionable lifestyle.) How has being a srat informed your sense of style? Do you think the sorority lifestyle provides women with real long-lasting friendships?
We show a little of our “srat” personality in our sense of style by striving for a fashionable look with feminine touches with bright & cheerful prints, accessories, and trims (crochet, lace, scallops, pom poms, etc.).
I definitely feel that the sorority lifestyle provides women with real long-lasting friendships. Something people always forget about sororities is that you spend more of your life as an alumna than you do as a collegian. A sorority is not just for 4 years, but for life. I’m still really close with a lot of girls in my sorority, Delta Gamma (DG), since we graduated college. When I see a group of my DG sisters (or sorority women), I not only see a group of girls united through the bonds of sisterhood, but I also see them as friends, confidants, a shoulder to cry on, someone to go out with, someone I’m comfortable to ask for advice, and so much more. I’m proud to have been a member of a sorority, and I love meeting new DG sisters and other sorority women as well. Being in a sorority has helped shape who I am today.
Chic and feminine look, courtesy of KEB.
5. Who are your style icons?
Blake Lively, Mary Kate Olsen, & Ashley Olsen
6. What is the capital of fashion according to you?
I think the fashion capital is something bigger than a physical location on a map. Fashion is a form of art and a way to express yourself. Fashion is everywhere. After all, each country has different styles or trends that another country may not have, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong. I personally think it’s cool that you can travel to a different city within the US or internationally and experience different trends, which is why I feel that the fashion capital is everywhere, since fashion helps one express who they are.
Elizabeth/EAP, looking stylish and ready for any summer get-together!
7. If you had an unlimited expendable budget for clothes, shoes, & accessories, what three SS 2015 pieces would you purchase right now?
1) Alice + Olivia ‘Tanner’ Floral Jacquard Fit & Flare Dress: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alice-olivia-tanner-floral-jacquard-fit-flare-dress/3966711?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1280
2) Alexis WYATT CUT OUT MAXI DRESS: http://www.revolveclothing.com/alexis-wyatt-cut-out-maxi-dress-in-blue-white/dp/AXIS-WD90/
3) Valentino Rockstud Leather Cage Sandal: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Valentino-Rockstud-Leather-Cage-Sandal-Deep-Cuir-valentino/prod173750431___/p.prod?icid=&searchType=MAIN&rte=%252Fsearch.jsp%253FN%253D4294914357%2526_requestid%253D186428%2526Ntt%253Dvalentino&eItemId=prod173750431&cmCat=search
Love the bold print and super cute accessories.
8. What are your ultimate goals as a blogger? Do you think it’s possible to make a living solely off blogging?
Our goal is to have a blog with multiple bloggers in which each reader can relate to one or more of our blogger’s styles: preppy, boho chic, minimalist, classic, etc.
I’ve heard that some fashion bloggers have made a lot of money off of blogging, but I’m not sure how many do.
9. If you could collaborate with any designer who would it be?
Tory Burch—she’s our favorite. We love how feminine and glamorous
her clothes, shoes, handbags, and accessories are.
10. The fashion industry has been widely criticized for exploiting women’s bodies and encouraging women to be too body conscious. Do you think fashion has the potential to empower women?
I think fashion has the potential to empower women through bloggers (like ourselves), which are easier for people to relate to. We (bloggers) wear what makes us feel good and influence others to do the same.
11. What trend or item of clothing are you most looking forward to wearing this summer?
We love everything with pom poms, tassels, and crochet right now, which we are looking forward to wearing more of in the next few months.
SAB in a fab breezy look.
More bloggers you should know about are working their way into my heart as we speak so stay tuned!