Spring 2015 Fashion week has unveiled an array of fresh hair and makeup trends that can easily be translated into day to day looks. I’ve mixed and match 5 of my favorite makeup looks and hair looks to. Take look at my picks and get inspired to update your hair and makeup game.
1. Minimal Makeup + Tousled Waves. (as seen at Jenny Packham) This season less is more and minimal makeup proved to be the key to letting natural beauty shine. The idea is to look like you’re wearing no makeup, even though makeup is actually used to enhance natural beauty. Instead of using it obviously, it should appear natural and evoke the fresh-faced look that says, “I woke up this fabulous.” Tousled waves pair well with minimal makeup because they echo the bed-headed look. Prep skin by applying foundation, add a dewy skin illuminator to cheeks, (like Nars’ The Multiple) and sparingly apply a barely there lip stain (like E.L.F’s Mysterious). To get bedhead hair, take a look at Fashionista.com’s post.
(vitalphoto.com) Jenny Packham
2. Bold lines + Slicked Back Pony (as seen at Nanette Lepore and Peter Som) The cat-eye was revamped as an abstract statement in white, neons, and classic black. At Peter Som, “acid orange” tangerine-colored lipstick was brushed from lower tear ducts to the middle of the lower eyelid. The result was pop-art perfection. Let the look speak for its own by slicking hair back into the of-the-moment low pony.
(gleamitup.com, nydailynews.com) Peter Som and Alexander Wang
3. Glittering Eyes + Messy Braids: (as seen at Anna Sui and Michael Kors, respectively) The models at Anna Sui’s glittering peepers were created by the deft hands of makeup artist, Pat McGrath who mused, “It’s kind of cosmic beauty, very rock ‘n’ roll.”, in regards to the beguiling look. Loose gold powder was placed on the inner corners of the eye and on the middle of the top and bottom lids. To recreate the look, coat inner corner of eye and the middle of your top and bottom eyelids with clear balm, take a medium-sized brush, dip brush in loose gold powder, (like Make Up Forever’s in Metallic Yellow Gold: Sephora.com) and dab powder on clear balm. Pair the look with a messy windblown braid as seen on the models at Michael Kors for a free-spirited and whimsical guise. To achieve it coat strands with a surf spray (like Bumble & Bumble’s: Sephora.com), and make a loose braid.
(eyeshadowlipstick.com and tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com) Anna Sui and Michael Kors
4. Red Lips & Nails + “Sumo Knot”: Red lips and nails never go out of style and they were a hit at Zac Posen. They can say “1950s”, “geisha”, or “Taylor Swift” all in one, depending on how you work them into your look. Paired with the “sumo knot”, they evoke a sort of kabuki chic. The knot was titled so by the man who created it for Carolina Herrera, Orlando Pita. It is inspired by sumo wrestlers themselves, and looked slick and polished on the models walking the Carolina Herrera runway. Swipe a classic red lipstick on (like Kat Von D’s Studded Kiss lipstick) as well as polish in a matching shade (like Butter London’s Come to Bed Red). To create a sumo-knot, follow EsteticMagazine.com’s tutorial. The look is a versatile one and ideal for whenever you need to feel sophisticated, be it at dinner with a date or at work.
(harpersbazaar.com and pinterest.com) Zac Posen and Carolina Herrera
5. Mod White Cat Eye + Glamorous Ponytail: At Nanette Lepore, the classic 60s cat eye was redone in white and it was white hot. To create this look, take a thin white eye pencil (like NYX Cosmetics’ Retractable Eyeliner in White) and line upper and lower lashes, from inner tear duct, creating a slightly winged out end and making sure the lines don’t touch. Finish by applying a lengthening mascara (like Boots No. 7 Extreme Length Mascara) Amp up your feline prowess and let your peepers speak for themselves; simply create loose waves with a large barreled curling iron and pull hair back in a low pony.
(pinterest.com and harpersbazaar.com) Nanette Lepore and Jason Wu
What do you think? Do you have any personal favorite Spring 2015 hair or makeup looks? Did you create your own? Comment and share to let me know what you think! 🙂 ❤